LOST “WHAT THEY DIED FOR” RECAP (S06E16)

I remember when I was seven. I was playing catch with my father. Back and forth, we were lightly tossing the ball when suddenly, my father said “Think fast!” and hurled the ball at me. I had no time to react. The ball smacked me in the face, rendering me unconscious.

Later, I woke up in a hospital. The doctor said I was lucky to be alive. My father ran to my side, his face red and eyes watering. He said, “Son, I am so, so sorry. I will make this up to you someday. I will make sure there is a fucking awesome television show on in the early part of the next century.”

That story is probably false, I don’t remember. But my father’s promise is coming to an end this Sunday. Certain words come to mind when thinking about the end. Bittersweet. Emotional. Sweet-Kate-Ass. Tonight’s episode put all their pieces in their place, preparing us for this end.

In the flash-sideways, Desmond charms my pants off. Seriously. I don’t care if you’re straight. This dude makes you curious. Right? I’m not the only one, right? Good. I’m glad you all agree. Moving on, Desmond goes back to Locke’s school to hit him, again (which is hilarious). But Ben stops him, sort of. Desmond kicks his ass and says he’s trying to help Locke “let go.” Hearing this, Locke goes to Jack and tells him he’s ready to walk again. And then Ben goes to dinner with Alex and he and Russo have a moment. It’s all so nice and sweet. You remember Russo, right? She’s a female, but not this one.

Desmond then turns himself in to Detective Sawyer in order to get close to Sayid and Kate. As they get transfered to county jail, he asks them both to do something for them once they get free. They think he is joking, so they agree. But soon enough, the escort stops and who else but Ana Lucia demanding her money. And who has the money: Hurley. Desmond makes Sayid go with Hurley and Kate go with him. He gives her a tight black dress, my erection tears through my pants and hits my roommate in the face (awkward moment, ugh, he’s like so mad) and tells her they are going to a concert.

Back on the island, Flocke comes to talk to Ben. He throws Richard into the woods and goes to Ben, asking for his help. Ben agrees. He takes Flocke to Widmore and Zoe, where he slits Zoe’s throat and tells Widmore he’ll kill his daughter if he doesn’t talk. So, Widmore talks. And Ben shoots him, saying “he doesn’t get to save his daughter.” But Widmore’s already talked. Desmond is the fail-safe, the very thing that can destroy the island. And Flocke wants him to do just that.

Now, is Ben really bad again or is he playing Flocke? I’m hoping Ben is just trying to get inside information and truly hasn’t turned bad, because that would make me sad. And sad Mark stays sad for a long time. Nevermind, I’m better now!

Back on the island, young ghost Jacob gets his ashes from Jacob and runs. When Hurley catches up, old Jacob is there. He says he is ready to end everything. Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley come to talk to Jacob. He tells them that he chose them because they needed the island. Their lives were terrible and he wanted to help them. But, only one can do it. Even Kate can. He tells her that her name was crossed out only because she was a mother. But Jack decides he’ll be the one to protect the island.

So Jack has redeemed himself. After hating him for most of season four and five, Jack realized that he is meant to save the island and his friends. So everyone is in their place. Desmond is doing something with Kate as the Drive Shaft concert I assume. Sayid and Hurley are off to make an awesome buddy-comedy (I wish), and Jack is about to operate on Locke. I’m hoping this flash-sideways concludes awesomely. I’ve hated it up until episode 12, so I’m really hoping it ends up being incredibly important because that would make this entire season amazing.

But I wonder, what will happen with the two timelimes? Our Losties did something that’s never happened on the island by creating these timelines. Will this prevent Jack from spending eternity on the island with Flocke, waiting to crash another plane? Will everyone end happily ever after? We’ll find out Sunday.

I don’t know how to end the post. Ah, this works.

Comments

Pingback from Tweets that mention Comedy Blog From The Staff and Comedians of Rooftop Comedy — Topsy.com
Time: May 18, 2010, 8:35 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Rooftop Comedy. Rooftop Comedy said: Tonight's LOST recap http://bit.ly/cUx5JN #LOST #SPOILERALERT [...]

Comment from vas 5054a
Time: May 27, 2010, 10:27 pm

A wonderful article. In my life, I have never seen a man be so selfless in helping others around him to get along and get working.9

Comment from diagnostic tool
Time: December 27, 2010, 1:50 am

God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death. Neither shall there be sorrow or dying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the former world has passed away.

Comment from mp3 colar
Time: February 23, 2011, 9:35 am

In life, events occur that cause sadness. Accidents do not control, although there is also a great time to enjoy.

Comment from Denver Jewelers
Time: March 1, 2011, 9:45 am

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best!

Comment from Limos in New York
Time: March 2, 2011, 7:07 am

I had not saw this episode but It is great story to read though I appreciate it.
Limos in New York

Comment from Vmware promo code
Time: March 3, 2011, 9:22 am

I was watched this episode and wonder it is great series ever to watched LOL
Vmware promo code

Comment from bender ball
Time: March 5, 2011, 3:18 am

Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff…I think you’ve made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.

Comment from Citronella bark collar
Time: March 5, 2011, 4:51 am

I’m going to watch this episode and I know I’ll get fun while watching it.
Citronella bark collar

Comment from Oostende hotels
Time: March 7, 2011, 8:36 am

There must be greater of death. It also not sadness or moribund, nor pain no, Oostende hotels a former global is disappeared.

Comment from Free movie online
Time: March 8, 2011, 8:18 am

Really this is outstanding and there must be greater of death Its upset but joy.
Free movie online

Comment from Milton James
Time: March 14, 2011, 10:52 pm

I hated this episode so much~

Comment from Tonia Hale
Time: March 15, 2011, 9:52 am

This is a wonderful series and I would like to watch it. Prague hotels

Comment from screed reinforcement fibres
Time: March 18, 2011, 12:41 am

This is really very nice posting keep it up.

Comment from Wow Warlock leveling guide
Time: March 19, 2011, 9:53 am

There are some fascinating deadlines on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity however I’ll take hold opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely

Comment from Affiliate Script
Time: March 19, 2011, 8:33 pm

Thanks for sharing dear buddy keep it up. Everyone has right to say something. So, Everyone should keep it up. And share more ideas Thanks

Comment from easy swallow vitamins
Time: March 20, 2011, 4:14 pm

Jack redeeming his self is an overstatement in my book. He has a lot more to prove in my opinion and I hope he do so in the coming episodes.

Comment from woodworking
Time: March 21, 2011, 10:13 am

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.