Cat Stevens “Knows a Lot of Fancy Dancers,” huh?

Guest Post from the best stand-up in Chicago 2008, Robert Buscemi.

So I’m supposed to be ALL IMPRESSED that CAT STEVENS “knows a lot of fancy dancers”?

Why is that such a big deal? He doesn’t even say HOW he knows them. And he says it so matter-of-factly, in such a passing manner, like the rest of us will be all impressed and give him things.

Like … give him things he would like, you know? Like a fancy braidworked leather guitar strap for his acoustic modern-day poet stringed siren-song maker, and the strap has these beautiful inlaid beads and little glinty diamanelles, and even some turquoise so it looks Southwestern.

Just because Cat knows a lot of fancy dancers I’m going to buy him one of those straps? Or commission one of these babies to be made for him? That’s gotta be like 150 bucks minimum, to get one fancy enough to please Mr. Acoustic himself, Mr. “Saturday Night and I Ain’t Got Nobody!” (except for his gd FANCY DANCERS, huh?)

Which is it, Cat Man? Why “ain’t” you got nobody on a Saturday night?

Why don’t you just PHONE UP ONE OF YOUR FANCY DANCERS, huh?

What happened to THAT little brag you tried to pawn off on our unsuspecting asses?

One of your fricking fancy dancers is sure to love that glamorous new guitar strap I made for your ass, huh? Probably get you a little peace-nookie out of the deal.

You unappreciative singer-songwriter, sitting there all splayed-legged with your fancy blue matching shirt-and-pants outfit with the BOTTOM of your shirt unbuttoned enough to show off your lame-o peace-sign belt buckle.

Who unbuttons the BOTTOM of his shirt to be sexier? HellLLOOO? Can you unbutton the TOP of your shirt, Cat?

Though I have to admit, your skinnyness and your open body language draws the viewer of your photograph into your dreamy face and aura quite effectively.

THAT’S what you SHOULD have sung, instead of “I know a lot of fancy dancers” — you should have sung:

“i have a skinny bod and blue suit!

and i know, the rest of my beard is a mess …

MESS, MESS, MEH-EH-EH-EH-essssss ….”

You know how those lyrics go.

I mean that’s mean. Now I’m being unnecessarily mean to the Cat Man. Maybe I’ve been too hard on Cat this whole post.

I have to admit Cat’s face looks super-gentle and poetic here.

His face — his face has seen so much too, you know? In his life.

How can we meet some of these fancy dancers, Cat?

Suddenly I’m not mad at Cat at all. Suddenly I just love Cat.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC, CAT STEVENS.

Though he was bragging pretty bad about his damn fancy dancers, you have to admit.

Comments

Comment from andy
Time: March 27, 2009, 11:39 am

wow. that just made my day

thanks Robert

Pingback from Comedy Blog From The Staff and Comedians of RooftopComedy
Time: May 14, 2009, 4:56 pm

[...] he won best stand-up of Chicago, or that one time he was gracious enough to extend his presence on ye olde RooftopBlog. All these memories with Robert, we should have a retrospective clip show about it. Here’s a [...]

Comment from yuri elkaim review
Time: October 5, 2010, 10:33 am

“Just because Cat knows a lot of fancy dancers I’m going to buy him one of those straps? Or commission one of these babies to be made for him?” It is really interesting to learn about Cat Stevens “Knows a lot of fancy dancers huh?”. Thanks for the nice information.

Comment from giraffe necklace
Time: October 24, 2010, 8:05 am

It is all hilarious go through the post: Cat Stevens “Knows a Lot of Fancy Dancers,” huh? I’ve enjoyed reading the article. These guys entertain the world and keep it healthy. Thanks.

Comment from fibroids
Time: December 13, 2010, 3:31 am

cat steven know his world

Comment from Denas
Time: February 17, 2011, 2:15 am

This is all very interesting, we must understand and draw conclusions.

Comment from News of medicine and health
Time: February 20, 2011, 8:51 pm

Bonjour à tous, J’ai l’obtention du diplôme . . . . . et dans mon temps libre, j’aime surfer sur le net pour les nouvelles mises à jour de diverses choses dans le monde

Comment from fashion
Time: March 4, 2011, 4:22 am

I just want to thank you for sharing your information / turorial and your website or blog, this is a simple, but good article I have ever seen, I like it, I learned something today! Thanks!

Comment from Garage Conversion
Time: March 14, 2011, 10:42 pm

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post.

Comment from natural laryngitis cure
Time: March 18, 2011, 8:21 pm

Interesting post and thanks for sharing.Thanks for making such a cool post which is really very well written.will be referring a lot of friends about this.Keep blogging.

Comment from hair loss remedies
Time: March 21, 2011, 3:49 am

hi…
this is really a very nice one post…thanks for posting the same and keep posting….